Friday, April 26, 2013

City by the sea

My break is coming to an end, but I've still got the weekend! Hope it goes by real sloooow. 

I have to say, the South is a lot nicer than I originally thought, and Charleston has become one of my favorite cities by far. The beautiful old mansions with their generous porches and elaborate staircases, the strong presence of water, the shrimp corndogs at Amen Street Fish & Raw Bar... yes, I was very sad to leave indeed.

During my visit, I came across a miniature replica of what Charleston looked like when it was still Charles Towne back in the colonial days. I thought the shoreline seemed particularly interesting, so I recreated a retro version of it here. Today, the half-moon battery, depicted in black, is many feet underground. 

Charleston is still very colorful, though, and I can't wait to go back!

Have a good one! 

Q

"Charles Towne"